Studio rules are in place to keep our students safe. The below applies to adult classes and young flyer classes.
1. Class numbers, type of equipment, height of equipment, lesson content and number of students per equipment will vary and will be down to the instructors discretion and must be respected.
2. Please wear something comfortable and fitted, as loose clothing can get caught in the equipment. Leggings and a fitted top can be a good option. We recommend that you wear trainers for the warm up and a hoodie or jumper for the cool down, when the weather is cold.
3. For aerial classes skin MUST be covered. Skin that comes into contact with the hoop tape or silks fabric will get burnt. For silks classes you MUST wear something that covers your armpits, this is for hygiene purposes and to keep them from getting burnt by the fabric.
4. For pole classes, shorts are optional at beginner level as there are many moves you can work on with just your arms. But if you would like to join in with the full lesson plan please wear shorts under your leggings so you can use the skin on your legs to grip the pole.
5. All jewellery MUST be removed before class especially rings, bracelets and belly bars. This will avoid your jewellery from being damaged, getting caught in the equipment, prevent injury to yourself and also prevent damage to the studio equipment. The safest option is to leave it at home as the studio will not be responsible for anything that gets lost.
6. For aerial sling classes please DO NOT wear anything with zips (even small zips in leggings) or sharp edges like watches, this will put holes in the fabric causing them to rip, putting yourself and other students in danger. Also please make sure your nails are short and filed. Long sharp nails are not suitable for this class and they could also put holes in the fabric.
7. We recommend that long hair is tied back, to avoid getting caught in the equipment and causing injury.
8. Please don’t moisturise or use fake tan on the day of your class, these contain oil and will make the equipment slippery for you and others, leading to injury.
9. The warm up is a vital part of the class so please ensure you arrive to class on time, if you miss the warm up, there will be another opportunity for you to join class by completing one of our warm up sheets. You must complete the full sheet or you will not be allowed to participate in the class, this is for your own safety. The same applies for cool downs; please ensure you stay for your cool down, this will help prevent injury and reduce DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). If you need to leave class early as a one off please stop 5 minutes before you have to leave to complete our cool down sheet.
10. Please bring a water bottle to stay hydrated.
11. If you are suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will not be able to participate in the session.
12. Only moves taught by an instructor may be performed in class. Moves are taught in a general order to your ability to keep you safe, if you are taught by another student the move may not be suitable for your level or it may be taught incorrectly, which could lead to an accident, causing you serious injuries. Remember they are not an instructor therefore they are not insured.
13. Do not attempt to invert if you have never been shown how to do it correctly, if you have been learning to invert but are not fully ready to do on your own, never attempt it without the assistance of your instructor or designated ‘spotter’.
14. Please DO NOT swing from the equipment or jump off the equipment. This is bad practice and could lead to injury.
15. Please be respectful to your instructor and other class members. Abusive behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.
16. Grip Aids – Not everyone will need grip aid but if you do, we kindly ask that you purchase your own grip aid and have it labelled. Grip aid is for your hands, please do not put grip aid on the equipment. After using the grip please wipe the equipment so the next person can use the equipment.
17. Crash mats are there for you own safety so please use them at all times.
18. Please make sure you have also read our covid-19 studio rules carefully. You must follow the safety procedures we have put in place to keep everyone safe whilst attending our classes.
19. Students are not allowed to eat during class, for health and safety and hygiene reasons. But please make sure to eat something small before attending class to avoid lack of energy and dizzy spells.
20. Chewing gum is banned from classes.
All students must read, agree and follow our 'Studio Rules Agreement' before attending classes.